A favourite at children’s parties, these will transport you back to your own childhood.
So quick and simple to make, they are best eaten straight from the fridge as coconut oil is liquid at room temperature. You can use cocoa butter in its place, if you would prefer. Be sure to check the ingredients on your puffed rice as some do contain sugar – we used Abundant Earth Puffed Rice, which is 100% brown rice and available from the health food section of Coles supermarkets.
32g (about 2 cups) puffed rice
50g desiccated coconut
4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
130g coconut oil
- Place puffed rice, dextrose, coconut and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Place coconut oil in a small saucepan and heat gently over a low heat until clear.
- Pour coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well to combine, working quickly so that the coconut oil doesn’t set.
- Spoon mixture into patty cases, pressing ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until set.