(Recipe adapted from wellnourished.com.au)
These super simple biscuits are perfect with a cuppa on Christmas Eve, or crushed over fruit and whipped cream for a quick and festive Christmas Day dessert.
This recipe makes approximately 18 biscuits (we used a 7cm star cutter)
90g plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp all spice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp dextrose
Pinch bicarbonate soda
Small pinch sea salt
25g coconut oil
50g rice malt syrup
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl combine the coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
- Heat the coconut oil mixture in the microwave for 10-30 seconds until the coconut oil has melted (time taken will vary depending on your microwave).
- Remove the coconut oil mixture from the microwave and leave to cool for a few minutes before stirring in the milk.
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine; if the dough seems too sticky add a little more flour.
- Shape into a flatish rectangle, wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling pre-heat your oven to 150°C (fan-forced).
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place between two sheets of baking paper.
- Roll the dough out until it is about 2mm thick and use any shaped cookie cutter to cut out your biscuits.
- Collect the scraps, working quickly so as not to overheat the dough, roll out again until 2mm thick and cut out more biscuits.
- Place your biscuits on a lined baking tray and then bake in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden on top.