Sweet Poison: Why Sugar Makes Us Fat by David Gillespie
- Heavy on technical detail but fascinating if you enjoy that kind of thing.
- Explains how sugar is addictive but that fructose is the culprit.
- Summarises the issues with artificial sweeteners.
- Gives you guidelines on how to avoid fructose and its effects on your body and metabolism.
The Sweet Poison Quit Plan by David Gillespie
- Good summary of the main points in Sweet Poison: Why Sugar Makes Us Fat.
- Lots of actionable advice about which foods to eat or avoid.
- Excellent activity to determine avoidance strategies while you’re quitting sugar.
- Recipes that use dextrose instead of sugar (e.g. cakes, biscuits, ice cream, chocolate sauce).
I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson
- Less pages than the Sweet Poison books, faster to read.
- Good strategies for avoiding sugar in tricky situations e.g. at work or at social events.
- Has many great recipes to try.